31 EdTech Startups Set to Compete in 2019 FETC Pitchfest
Best-of-the-best industry startups will present their cutting-edge products and services to a panel of judges and conference attendees
January 23, 2019
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla.―The National Future of Education Technology Conference® (FETC®) has announced 31 edtech startups that will compete in the 2019 FETC Pitchfest, in which founders and creators will have the opportunity to share their product offerings and innovations while engaging directly with educators, analysts and investors. Participating companies in the FETC Pitchfest represent the best-of-the-best startups featuring cutting-edge tools and services, and each company will present its products and services to the conference’s educator attendees and a panel of judges, who will combine to determine the hottest tools and resources coming to the edtech market. Pitchfest is presented in partnership with Arc Capital Development.
“The FETC Pitchfest is annually one of the most exciting events of our conference, giving participants the opportunity to see what’s new and what’s next in cutting-edge, high-impact products and services,” said James Callan, Vice President of Event and Media Sales, LRP Media Group. “This year, we have a record 31 startup companies competing. We eagerly await their presentations and look forward to the judges’ and audience’s determination of the winner!”
The preliminary rounds of the 2019 FETC Pitchfest will take place on Tuesday, January 29, followed by the final round on Wednesday, January 30. All rounds will take place in the Trailblazers Theater, booth #2805 in the Expo Hall. A unique panel of judges, including superintendents, administrators and CIOs, is selected from a broad range of backgrounds in education and education technology. In each round of the event, judges’ voting will account for 70 percent of the final score, while audience voting will contribute the remaining 30 percent. The 2019 participants are:
Round 1 ― Tuesday, January 29, 1-2:15 p.m.
- 2gnoMe ― 2gnoMe (To know me) personalizes professional learning for teachers at scale by enhancing skills awareness and clarifying who needs what kind of learning.
- BlocksCAD ― The BlocksCAD 3D modeling software and curriculum help K-12 schools teach math and coding fundamentals.
- Bridg-it ― Bridg-it creates safe schools using community-sourced communication and real-time analytics.
- Cirkled In ― Cirkled-In is a secure digital profile and portfolio platform that helps students showcase their work in a holistic way.
- ClassroomSync ― ClassroomSync’s Synchronize is a suite of tools enabling students to use their phones within classroom settings and connecting their personal devices with teachers’ computers.
- codeSpark ― codeSpark Academy with the Foos introduces fundamental computational thinking concepts to learners in grades K-5 through interactive puzzles, game design and creative storytelling.
- CrossFlight Sky Solutions ― CrossFlight Sky Solutions provides drone training, education and curriculum.
- DreamRider Productions ― DreamRider Productions uses live theatre and the best of the digital classroom to engage, inspire and empower kids to become agents of change in their families and communities.
- DyKnow ― DyKnow is a classroom management software for MacBooks, Chromebooks and PCs that helps educators monitor devices, defeat distractions and keep students on-task.
- Edu-Together ― Edu-Together creates live online classes, enabling schools to provide affordable academic solutions for every student without compromising the school's high academic standards.
- Enable My Child ― Enable My Child is the complete turn-key solution for HIPPA-secure online pediatric therapy services.
- Funtronic USA ― The Funtronic Floor is an interactive projector that is used for physical and occupational therapy, executive functioning skills and early childhood education.
- Future N Focus Dream Catcher Enterprises ― Dream Catcher Enterprises provides a career development curriculum that helps students explore and discover their purpose, set purpose-driven goals, identify career choices based on their purpose and giftings, create action plans and more.
- Immersed Games ― Immersed Games empowers students to learn STEM through its game, Tyto Online, in which students solve authentic problems like fixing invasive species or helping increase food crop yield.
- InkSmith ― InkSmith provides 21st-century immersive technology to educators and Makerspace enthusiasts across Canada.
Round 2 ― Tuesday, January 29, 3-4:15 p.m.
- Kinful ― Kinful is a social-emotional learning program powered by student-created virtual reality.
- Lennections ― Lennections provides resources, activities and reporting to improve student achievement using formative assessment.
- Lincoln Learning Solutions ― Lincoln Learning Solutions is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization offering personalized online learning solutions and support services.
- Lucerna Studios ― Lucerna Studios has built a library of VR/AR experiences that empower learning through students’ passion for games.
- MathBRIX ― MathBRIX, LLC is the developer of a cloud-delivered platform for ages 4-8 that helps children learn to think mathematically and problem-solve.
- My School Dance ― My School Dance is a free online platform for schools to plan and manage all aspects of dances and other events.
- NoteAffect ― NoteAffect is a software app that uses built-in polling and quizzes to improve engagement and knowledge retention, while providing professors and administrators with analytics to make data-driven decisions to improve student satisfaction and success.
- PerfectCoaches ― PerfectCoaches enables one classroom or an entire school system to master new skills with its affordable, easy-to-use app incorporating virtual motivation coaching.
- SchoolBzz ― SchoolBzz is a cloud-based platform for school communications that streamlines how schools share information with everyone involved in a student’s learning journey.
- Screenleap, Inc. ― Screenleap for Education allows teachers to easily share their screens with their students and record it to view later from any web-enabled device.
- Scrible ― Scrible Edu is an advanced, Google-integrated research and writing platform for schools that lets students curate, annotate, manage and collaborate on articles in the cloud.
- Squiggle Park ― Squiggle Park provides bite-sized video games that develop mastery of foundational reading skills through practice and play.
- STEM MINDs Corp. ― STEM MINDs Online Academy is an online learning platform that ignites curiosity and a love of learning in today's youth.
- Study Edge ― Study Edge delivers 24/7 access to live exam review sessions for 30 individual subjects at the university level through its Facebook, iOS and Android apps.
- The Mindful Scholar ― The Mindful Scholar has built a platform for K-12 schools that uses mindfulness to increase students’ emotional intelligence (EQ) and offers teachers a mindful assist to suggest exercises catered to each class's specific needs.
- Wyebot ― Wyebot provides WiFi assurance, augmenting an organization’s existing infrastructure by automatically analyzing and optimizing networks for education.
Participating companies will have three minutes to present in the preliminary rounds, with two companies from each round selected to advance to the final on Wednesday, January 30, from 9:45-10:30 a.m. Each of the four companies in the final round will have five minutes to present and up to three minutes to answer questions from the judges.
The Pitchfest winner will have the opportunity to present to the conference VIP group, comprised of superintendents, CIOs, and other administrators, in the FETC VIP Lounge on Wednesday, January 30 during lunch. The winning company will also receive a complimentary 10’ x 10’ exhibit space at FETC 2020 in Miami, Florida.
FETC 2019 will include more than 600 diverse learning opportunities, including more than 175 intensive workshops and 425 targeted sessions in five updated program tracks: Future of Ed Tech Educator, Future of Ed Tech Administrator, Future of Ed Tech Information Technology, Future of Ed Tech Inclusion & Special Education and Future of Ed Tech Early Learning. FETC’s industry-leading expo will include a Startup Pavilion where attendees can learn more about Pitchfest participants, along with an Early Learning Pavilion, Game Based Learning Pavilion and Hands-On Technology Lab.
Registration is still open for the 2019 Future of Education Technology Conference. For additional information and to register, visit fetc.org/register or call toll-free 1-800-727-1227.
About the Future of Education Technology Conference (FETC)
The Future of Education Technology Conference (FETC) annually attracts thousands of education and technology leaders for an intensive, highly collaborative exploration of new technologies, best practices and pressing issues. With basic to advanced sessions tailored to the needs of each role in the digital transformation, FETC is known as one of the nation’s premier preK-12 education technology events. FETC provides school and district administrators, classroom teachers, IT professionals, special education directors, curriculum and media specialists, and other educators with roles or interest in ed tech, the opportunity to explore the most effective integration of technology across the curriculum. FETC offers a balanced blend of administrative, instructional and technical content through targeted sessions, intensive workshops, hands-on demonstrations of the newest products, and more. Visit fetc.org for more details.
About LRP Media Group
LRP Media Group, founded in 1977 by Kenneth Kahn, is an innovative media giant serving millions of business and education professionals worldwide. Specializing in education administration, education law, education technology, federal employment, human resources, workers' compensation and disability, LRP produces thousands of books, pamphlets, newsletters, videos and online resources. The company also produces five industry-leading print and digital magazines for key decision-makers: District Administration, Human Resources Executive®, HRM Asia, Risk & Insurance® and University Business. Additionally, LRP annually delivers top-quality training and professional development to more than 80,000 professionals through its 13 award-winning conferences and tradeshows in China, Singapore and the United States. LRP currently employs more than 500 professionals in its Connecticut, Florida, Pennsylvania, Singapore and Washington, D.C. offices. Headquartered in Palm Beach County since 1996, the company has more than $70 million in annual revenue. For a complete list of LRP resources, eCourses and conferences, please visit www.lrp.com.
MindRocket Media Group, Inc.