FETC 2020 Presenter Preview: Steven W. Anderson
In this FETC Presenter Preview series, we’re revisiting some of our previous interviews with this year’s featured speakers. Follow along for a variety of insights on classroom and district-level technology considerations relevant to educators and administrators of all roles.
Steven W. Anderson, renowned digital learning and relationship evangelist, will be a featured speaker in the Future of EdTech Educator track at the 2020 Future of Education Technology Conference (FETC). Anderson is a highly recognizable figure at conferences worldwide, sharing his edtech expertise and enthusiasm and demonstrating how to make effective use of social media for learning.
Anderson was also a featured speaker at the 2018 and 2019 FETC conferences, and we had the opportunity to interview him leading up to last year’s event. In the interview, he speaks with Dr. Rod Berger about flipped classrooms and the need for more discussions on pedagogy over concentrating too much on the technology itself.
When it comes to attending sessions at conferences, Anderson believes attendees should have three main takeaways:
1. Make sure to share the learning with others, which in turn leads to others sharing socially on different platforms
2. Take time to reflect on the learning after the sessions are over
3. Try not to only go to sessions that align with your interests. Seek out sessions that are outside your comfort zone to push your thinking and learning
These insights and others are an example of the expertise you can expect to find if you attend his presentations at FETC 2020.
Steven W. Anderson's sessions at FETC 2020
- C203 | Evidence-Based Instructional Strategies To Use Right Now!
- W072$ | Taking PBL To The Next Level With Design Thinking
- M006 | What Is Effective Learning With Technology Anyway?
- W146$ | Developing Healthy Skeptics and Fact-Checkers in the Digital Age of Misinformation
- C183 | May the Infographics Be With You
- W157$ | Stop Drowning in Data: Four Uses to Maximize Learning
- C044 | Punctuating Feedback to Maximize Student Achievement
- C021 | The Digitally Authentic Learning Classroom
- C147 | 4 Ed Tech Ways To Differentiate in a Student-Centered Classroom
The 40th anniversary Future of Education Technology Conference (FETC) will take place January 14-17, 2020 in Miami, Fla. Registration is now open at Future of Education Technology Conference (FETC)
- EdTech Magazine - Articles By Steven W. Anderson
- edCircuit - Navigating Digital Literacy in the Age of Misinformation
- edCircuit - Bringing Information Literacy to Every Classroom