Future of Education Technology Conference Announces New Session Tracks for 2020
The Future of Ed Tech Library Media Specialist and Future of Ed Tech Coach content tracks will be added to the program, providing targeted content for these essential, evolving roles
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla.―The National Future of Education Technology Conference® (FETC®) has announced the six content tracks for 2020, two of which―Future of Ed Tech Library Media Specialist and Future of Ed Tech Coach―are new tracks being introduced for the first time. FETC 2020, the 40th anniversary event, will feature more than 600 total sessions organized around the key roles in education leadership, providing all attendees with the opportunity to select the most relevant content and maximize their learning. The conference will take place January 14-17, 2020 at the Miami Beach Convention Center in Miami, Fla.
“Based on our evaluation of the evolving K-12 leadership landscape and the desires expressed by our attendees, we are introducing new content tracks at FETC 2020 that we’re excited to unveil,” said Dr. Robert M. Avossa, Senior Vice President & Publisher, LRP Publications. “The new content tracks for library media specialists and coaches will set FETC apart from other professional development experiences in edtech, with sessions designed for educators in these critical roles that will address their needs in a uniquely relevant and targeted way. In combination with our perennially popular and crucial tracks for administrators, IT leaders, educators and special educators, these tracks will ensure that the content at FETC 2020 is the best available learning opportunity for all educators and leaders.”
The six content tracks for FETC 2020 are:
• Future of Ed Tech Library Media Specialist―For this ever-evolving role, collaboration, personalization and learning creation are key elements of success. This new track will inform participants about the resources and training tools available to effectively incorporate technology into programs and ensure the learning needs of the school are met.
• Future of Ed Tech Coach―In this newly-created track, participants can get the latest insights and strategies on instructional technologies, personalized learning materials and pedagogical methods to mentor and train educators in their schools and districts.
• Future of Ed Tech Administrator―This popular track, designed for leaders in schools and districts, will deliver technology-based best practices that can be used in administrators’ daily efforts to lead initiatives that embrace technology, engage learners and build capacity among entire teams.
• Future of Ed Tech Information Technology―With sessions for every role in the technology department, this track provides crucial takeaways to address cybersecurity, AR/VR, cloud computing and more, delivered by top experts who are leading the charge.
• Future of Ed Tech Educator―In this popular track, teachers will discover new and innovative digital learning tools for the classroom—from game-based learning to online learning strategies and coding—and learn practical tips to take back and implement in their schools.
• Future of Ed Tech Inclusion & Special Education―Special education leaders, support staff and educators will find specific and relevant content in this track. Participants will learn about effective practices for using technology to support the academic and social-emotional growth of all students, including those with disabilities.
Each track will have a dedicated orientation session at the beginning of the conference, which will introduce participants to the content available at FETC and provide an opportunity to network with peers and colleagues. Participants will learn what content is available to meet their pressing needs and interests, and will get help devising a plan to navigate the collection of sessions and events specifically designed for their role.
In addition to the hundreds of concurrent sessions across the six targeted tracks, FETC 2020 will have numerous learning and networking opportunities for participants of all roles and interests. The conference will kick off with an opening keynote from best-selling author Daniel Pink and will feature a STEM keynote from Justin Shaifer, founder and executive director of Fascinate, Inc. Participants will also explore an Expo Hall filled with the latest and greatest solutions and will network with a community of thousands of enthusiastic, like-minded peers.
Registration is now open for the 2020 Future of Education Technology Conference. For additional information and to register, visit fetc.org/register or call toll-free 1-800-727-1227. Educators who register before November 1, 2019 will save up to $150 by securing the Super Saver rate.
About the Future of Education Technology Conference (FETC)
The Future of Education Technology Conference (FETC) annually attracts thousands of education and technology leaders for an intensive, highly collaborative exploration of new technologies, best practices and pressing issues. With basic to advanced sessions tailored to the needs of each role in the digital transformation, FETC is known as one of the nation’s premier preK-12 education technology events. FETC provides school and district administrators, classroom teachers, IT professionals, special education directors, curriculum and media specialists, and other educators with roles or interest in ed tech, the opportunity to explore the most effective integration of technology across the curriculum. FETC offers a balanced blend of administrative, instructional and technical content through targeted sessions, intensive workshops, hands-on demonstrations of the newest products, and more. Visit fetc.org for more details.
About LRP Media Group
LRP Media Group, founded in 1977 by Kenneth Kahn, is an innovative media giant serving millions of business and education professionals worldwide. Specializing in education administration, education law, education technology, federal employment, human resources, workers’ compensation and disability, LRP produces thousands of books, pamphlets, newsletters, videos and online resources. The company also produces five industry-leading print and digital magazines for key decision-makers: District Administration, Human Resources Executive®, HRM Asia, Risk & Insurance® and University Business. Additionally, LRP annually delivers top-quality training and professional development to more than 80,000 professionals through its 13 award-winning conferences and tradeshows in China, Singapore and the United States. LRP currently employs more than 500 professionals in its Connecticut, Florida, Pennsylvania, Singapore and Washington, D.C. offices. Headquartered in Palm Beach County since 1996, the company has more than $70 million in annual revenue. For a complete list of LRP resources, eCourses and conferences, please visit www.lrp.com.